Banwell Community Church may look like a very new church, but it has a bit of history behind it! Banwell Community Church was formed in 2002 from the amalgamation of two Windsor churches, Temple Baptist Church and Olivet Baptist Church. The current building at the intersection of Banwell and McNorton Roads was completed for occupation in December 2003.
Temple Baptist church had its origins in the year 1885 and used to be known as Bruce Avenue Baptist Church. In 1925 the church occupied the building on Victoria Avenue that now houses the Downtown Mission. Olivet Baptist Church opened in 1926 and in 1998 decided to relocate, eventually purchasing the current property on Banwell Road.
Temple and Olivet decided to join together in 2002 to form a new church and to build on the property previously purchased.
In 2008, we welcomed members of the former Forest Glade Baptist Church as part of our Banwell church family.
Our church has welcomed people from many different church experiences as people have moved to our community and called Banwell home.